5.10.11

Contrary To Popular Belief.../Contrario a lo que se Piensa...




La lista de necesidades en casa crece semana tras semana, junto con los hijos. 
Anotamos en esa lista muchas cosas que tal vez no sean verdaderamente necesarias sino que mas bien las deseamos.
Hemos confundido querer con necesitar..
I WANT, I NEED, I HAVE TO HAVE...
Pero hay que marcarnos prioridades! PRIORITIZE and then go shopping!! 


I've go a house back home but right now I'm living in an apartment in a crazy city very far from my hometown (long story). 
When we were about to move my husband said,"Bring only the essentials!"
What are the ESSENTIALS when you've got a house that has everything you need under any situation.
So I sat down and asked myself, "How can I identify what my children's and my essentials are?"


I made a chronological list of my daily activities and everything neded to get us through the day. 

That really helped me decide what was important and what wasn't.


When I got here and started to unpack it was surprising to see that nothing was missing, I had everything I needed and it all fit into 6 cardboard boxes. From then till now (a year later) I haven't added anything to MY ESSENTIALS. I'll soon be heading back home, to my big house. My family and I have talked about keeping it simple like we have been doing. 


You know, clutter is a FENG SHUI no-no. 


Remember, the more you have, the less you are aware of what you have and the more you feel you need. 
DID THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?





No comments:

Post a Comment